Linux Engineer (Ubuntu)
We seek a Linux hands with experience of supporting and developing Linux Infrastructures and resolving the complex technical issues that can arise.
You should have proven Linux (ideally Ubuntu), supported by an understanding of some of the following: Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 Server configuration and administration, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN, WAN, Firewalls and routers.
You will maintain and develop the Linux and Windows servers and systems that constitute the IT Infrastructure, ensuring optimal availability with high levels of physical and logical security. This is a multi-skilled role and you will be expected to have, develop and maintain a sound working knowledge of the many Linux and Windows systems that the make up the IT Infrastructure.
Assist in the planning and deployment of new Linux and Windows servers ensuring virtualisation is used where possible.
Support and maintain the Linux and Windows server infrastructure.
Ensuring 3rd line support calls are resolved in a timely manner.
Maintain high levels of logical and physical data security in accordance with Operational Security policies
We are looking for a PHP developer who writes code to be proud of and can hit the ground running. We need you to write elegant, efficient PHP to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way that improves the code-base of our products in meaningful ways.
You will be a part of a small, creative team that is responsible for all aspects of our software development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing and on-going product support and maintenance.
You will have:
* 2 + years of software development experience in object oriented PHP
* Demonstrable knowledge of development technologies including Subversion source code control, and a professional IDE such as NetBeans
* Understanding of open source projects like JQuery, Yii
* Good knowledge of relational databases and SQL
* Knowledge of developing web services including SOAP clients
You might have:
* Demonstrable knowledge of Linux Ubuntu
* Knowledge of common internet protocols, TCP/IP, HTTP including configuring Apache
* Experience in developing database applications using MySQL
* English as first language, or English as an additional language certified to CEFR Level B2